Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problems installing RC3 (System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.)

Vote:

The installation always stops with a "Cannot install files: The installation failed, and the rollback has been performed. [Input string was not in a correct format]" errro message. Anyone got a solution for this? :) I'm trying to install on a win 2003 server running sql2005. Some information from C:\Program Files\EPiServer\Manager\Download\upgrade.log (not sure which string the error message is reffering to...) [SNIP] Installing assembly 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\EPiServer\5.1.358.4__8fe83dea738b45b7\EPiServer.dll'. Affected parameters are: applicationid = /LM/W3SVC/845935249/Root licensekey = assemblyfolderpath = C:\Program Files\EPiServer\Manager\Download licensedcompany = Avenir AS rootdir = / licensedto = Lars Øyvind Bodahl vppfolderpath = C:\Inetpub\VPPFolder logfile = C:\Program Files\EPiServer\Manager\Download/upgrade.log assemblypath = C:\Program Files\EPiServer\Manager\Download\bin\EPiServer.dll databaseconnection = Data Source=XXXXXX;Database=dbMyEPiServer;User Id=XXXXXX;Password=XXXXXX;Network Library=DBMSSOCN; virtualdir = / An exception occurred during the Install phase. System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. The Rollback phase of the installation is beginning. Rolling back assembly 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\EPiServer\5.1.358.4__8fe83dea738b45b7\EPiServer.dll'. [SNIP]
Jul 18, 2007 15:50
Vote:

Hi! During which step of the installation does this error occur? I.e. what action is displayed below the progress bar? I have a hunch that this error occurs when the manager is rummaging through the .NET framweork folders in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. The manager might be thrown off track if there are any folders that start with "v[number].", but are not legal version numbers. Which folders are present there?
Jul 19, 2007 15:00
Vote:

Sorry for the late feedback... The EPi manager says: Download complete [Progress bar] Running assembly installer for /bin/EPiServer.dll [Progress bar] Cannot install files: The installation failed, and the rollback has been performed. [Input string was not in a correct format.] The framework folder (C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework) contains these version folders: v1.0.3705 v1.1.4322 v2.0.5072 v3.0
Jul 30, 2007 10:47
Vote:

Another question: Does it have anything to do with my name? The "Ø" character? In addition, there seem to be an additional space or some other character before my surname. In the line "licensedto = Lars Øyvind Bodahl"
Jul 30, 2007 21:33
Vote:

Finally!! :) I got the same error message trying to install Episerver 4.61, so I tried a quick fix: Reinstall Windows! Well, it wasn't that quick, but it solved the problem. I have no idea wether it was the sql installation, the windows os, the .net framework or something else that crashed, but reinstalling actually helped.
Aug 21, 2007 0:20
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.