Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Oracle factory problem with developing from SDK

Vote:

Hi, I do not have SQL Express on my dev machine so I have taken the EpiServer DB from the VS project and restored this to SQL Server and changed the connection string accordingly. I am getting an exception, Expecting non-empty string for 'providerInvariantName' parameter and the stack trace has these calls, System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory(String providerInvariantName) +18 EPiServer.DataAccess.OracleDatabaseFactory..ctor(ConnectionStringSettings connectionSettings) +174 EPiServer.DataAccess.DataAccessBase.get_DatabaseFactory() +217 EPiServer.DataAccess.DataAccessBase.get_IsOracle() +20 EPiServer.Global.SetupBaseLibrary() +234 Can you tell me what is causing the DA to try to instatiate the Oracle factory as opposed to the SQL one - I cannot find any reference to where this is set. Many Thanks in advance Mike
Jan 02, 2008 14:44
Vote:

In case anyone else is trying to use SQL Server from the SDK and not SQL Express, you need to add this attribute to the connection string, providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" Then it works fine. Mike
Jan 02, 2008 21:41
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.