Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom login page with multiple languages?

Vote:

Hi!

The site I am working on is using "login.aspx" (Templates/Public/Pages/Login.aspx) as the default login page. This means that to login, you go to an URL looking like this:

http://www.example-site.se/Templates/Public/Pages/Login.aspx

This means that the URL points directly to the page type and not an instance of it. Also, we cannot determine which language is currently in use, Swedish or English.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Is it possible to create a login page using page type "login.aspx", determine its URL and then add it to Web.config (below authentication mode forms)?

I am using EPiServer CMS 5.2.375.133.

May 27, 2010 14:32
Vote:

There are probably better solutions than this, but you could create a second aspx which only redirects to your login page instance (it can get that from a setting on the start page for example, using DataFactory.Instance.GetPage(PageReference.StartPage)), and use that page as forms login. Watch out for access rights problems and infinite loops though :)

May 27, 2010 14:52
Vote:

Ah... So I can't use the "Login.aspx" template/page type and create a new login page with a "pretty URL"?

May 27, 2010 15:02
Vote:

I thought you had tried that and it didn't work. I haven't tried any of the approaches, I'm just guessing :)

May 27, 2010 15:04
Vote:

Ok, thanks anyway :-)

May 27, 2010 15:05
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.