Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem with EPiServer.PlugIn and internalized assemblies

Vote:

Were having a problem with 3rd part assemblies that has embedded assemblies using ILMerge.

EPiServer 5.2.375.236

We have NHibernate 3.0.0.4000 that contains a embedded assembly 'Remotion.Data.Linq' embedded and internalized.
We get a startup Exception from EPiServer.Plugin.AssemblyTypeInfo.GetTypes()

Failed to load some types from "NHibernate": Could not load file or assembly 'Remotion.Data.Linq, Version=1.13.41.2.....'

Is there a way to exclude PlugIn scanning of certain assemblies?

/HAXEN

Aug 23, 2011 15:42
Vote:

I am not sure if its possible in CMS 5. It is possible in CMS 6 through the EPiServerFramework.config.

Aug 23, 2011 23:52
Vote:

As I remember the system tries to load and scan all assemblies in site bin folder, excluding assemblies that looks like "system" (Microsoft, .NET libraries, etc). I'm not sure if it is possible to exclude something else in bin folder.

Possible solution is to move assemblies that should not be scanned to some other folder under site root and configure probing path to that directory.

Configuration example:

<configuration>
<runtime>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
<probing privatePath="someFolderWithAssemblies"/>
</assemblyBinding>
</runtime>
</configuration>

The system should not scan assemblies in probing path automatically, but that assemblies can be found by the system to load by name.

You can find more details here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/823z9h8w(v=VS.100).aspx, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/yx7xezcf(v=VS.100).aspx

Please let me know if it works for you.

Edited, Sep 09, 2011 22:37
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.