Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

ExpertHandler.GetAssignedQuestion()

Vote:

I'm trying to get an AssignedQuestion with ExpertHandler.GetAssignedQuestion(id) and/or with ExpertHandler.GetQueryResult(assignedQuestionQuery), but the Expert property just returns null, while the Question property returns the proper question.  

Looking in the table for AssignedQuestions, I can see the id for the Expert.

Any ideas?

Sep 17, 2008 16:39
Vote:

Hi Mattias,

Is it possible that the expert has been marked as removed? 

Sep 17, 2008 17:40
Vote:

Hi Mattias,

No, he's not marked as removed.

I might be completely wrong on this, but it seems a lot like it's using intQuestionID when selecting the Expert, and the intExpertID when selecting the Question.

I've only got one expert, with ID = 1.

After I first posted I noticed that it always gives me the first Question (question with ID=1) in the AssignedQuestion, even though the AssignedQuestion ID is correct.

If I get AssignedQuestion with ID=1, then I get the correct Question, and also the Expert (probably because they are mixed up, and intQuestionID = the only ID that matches an Expert).

Some examples:

ExpertHandler.GetAssignedQuestion(1) : Question.ID = 1, Expert.ID = 1
ExpertHandler.GetAssignedQuestion(5) : Question.ID = 1, Expert = null

This is what my AssignedQuestions table looks like:

intID    intQuestionID    intExpertID
1 1 1
2 2 1
5 8 1
Sep 17, 2008 18:46
Vote:

Does this happen both with GetAssignedQuestion and GetQueryResult, or maybe just with GetQueryResult?
Sep 18, 2008 9:22
Vote:

With both GetAssignedQuestion and with GetQueryResult.

Sep 18, 2008 10:12
Vote:

Hi Mattias,

This is solved in the latest hotfix for EPiServer Community:
"Hotfix 4 - EPiServer Community 3.1.4" - which can be found in the download section.

This is of course also solved in EPiServer Community 3.2.

Best regards,
Tom Stenius

Edited, Jan 26, 2009 9:24
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.