Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Framework sometimes says existing attribute does not exist

Vote:

Sometimes I get the exception [StarCommunityException: The type 'StarCommunity.Security.Internal.User' does not have an attribute with the name '[AttributeName]' assigned to it.] where [AttributeName] is the name of a string attribute. The attribute does exist and most of the time the framework has no problem loading it's value (even if the value may be null).

This is a problem I have so far only seen on a development PC when the site restarts after a recompile. It seems to be related to the time it takes to process the request.

Any idea why it happens? I'm a bit worried about it since the site seems unable to recover from the error (without a restart), and I don't want that in the production server.

The Community version is 3.1.4

Jul 23, 2009 13:37
Vote:

When you write that it seems to be related to the time it takes to process the request, does that mean that the page took longer (or shorter) than usual to load compared to a normal "first request" when this happened or is it just that it seems to happen in this "first request" type of situation?

Jul 27, 2009 15:04
Vote:

It seems to happen when I have recompiled the binaries which means the first request will take longer than usual to process.

Jul 28, 2009 7:22
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.