Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom parameters in unsubscribe URL?

Vote:

Hi!

Is it possible to specify custom parameters in the unsubscribe URL? I have "rid" and "mid" but would like to add some more.

We're running EPiServer Mail 4.4.343.20.

//Marcus

Nov 12, 2010 10:34
Vote:

There is an unsubscribeUrl attribute on editor element in EPiServerMail.config, you could customize that if you have a custom version of the unsubscribe page.

Nov 15, 2010 10:51
Vote:

Hi,

I've found the 'unsubscribeUrl'-attribute along with some parameters:

?rid=§recipientId§&mid=§messageId§

What I wanted to know is if there's some way to add ones own custom parameters?

Nov 15, 2010 11:48
Vote:

Can you give an example of what you'd want to include in the query string?

Nov 15, 2010 12:54
Vote:

I've been thinking about passing along a page ID:

?rid=§recipientId§&mid=§messageId§&id=XYZ

where XYZ is a page ID.

Then we would be able to have customized unsubscribe pages based on a template instead of a single, generic unsubscribe page.

However I don't know if it's possible to achieve the above mentioned, or if it's even a good idea.

Nov 15, 2010 14:49
Vote:

If you just want a static id there, it should be no problem. If you want the id to be replaced by EPiMail the value it should be replaced with would have to be made available somehow.

That essentially means it would have to be one of the recipient attributes (values that can be inserted at placeholders in the mail text), but those are specified per recipient. It would be possible but it may not be the right way to go.

Another possibility, which sounds to me like it may be preferrable (if possible), would be to just have a completely custom link with the required parameters in the querystring in the templates used for the different types of newsletters.

Nov 16, 2010 17:17
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.