Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Dropdown Lists and radio buttons in CMS

Vote:

Hi, I would like to be able to give the CMS user a predefined list of options as a page property, i.e. a dropdown list or a set of radio buttons. I think this would be a good feature to add as a page property type, especially if the contents of the list was content manageable. A bit like the categories section, but much more flexible. Sorry if this has already been suggested. Thanks, Paul
Jul 06, 2006 12:50
Vote:

Yeah this can be done quite easily using an xml file as the source and using the custom property plug-in functionality. There is an example of a dropdown custom property in the SDK I think. The main issue I have is that I haven't found a way to make a dropdown list that is generic and reusable across sites as you can't define properties for a property. E.g. be able to define the xml file to load in admin mode, rather than coding it to load a specific xml file. Usually I just end up copying the property for each dropdown list I need in the site.
Jul 06, 2006 23:26
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.