Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Direct links to language versions i Edit

Vote:

I would like the ability to create direct links to contentVersions and their language version in edit mode.

This is almost possible today, however only the content is shown in edit mode, the ui navigation does not follow or switch language automatically.

/Mikael Carlborg

Nov 06, 2015 9:57
Vote:

Differnt versions in different languages should have their own unique content id. Something like /cms/Cms#context=epi.cms.contentdata:///X_Y. So that means that you should be able to jump directly to specific version of particular language.

Nov 06, 2015 10:37
Vote:

PageEditing.GetEditUrlForLanguage(version.ContentLink, version.LanguageBranch) should work. And maybe a target="_top" on the link.. :)

Nov 06, 2015 10:58
Vote:

Thank you for this! I was completely staring myself blind on the back-end, i did exactly this before but i got "inception" or page within page within page. target="_top" solved it. It doesnt matter that it triggers a page reload as long as it links correctly. Strangely i said to episerver support what i wanted and how i tried, and the answer was it couldnt be done.

Nov 06, 2015 11:26
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.