Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Allow bulk dragging in EPi CMS Commerce UI

Vote:

My client would like to have the EPi CMS Commerce UI extended to allow dragging multiple categories, product and product variants in bulk.

This feature is different from the Cut and Paste options in that it allows dragging of multiple items which is more intuitive for my client.

The benefit of this change is time savings when manipulating Commerce items as it allows better use of the mouse as a control device.

Jun 16, 2016 10:38
Vote:

Hi Henrik,

We are currently working on improving the assets pane to support the handling of multiple items - such as blocks, media and folders etc.

The goal is to also tackle the issues you are mentioning in your request, so hopefully that is something we will support soon. As to how soon, i really don't like to speculate, but I'd say at the end of the summer (due to vacations).

Jun 20, 2016 16:35
Vote:

Hi I was wondering if there is progress on this?

Jun 15, 2017 16:52
Vote:

+1

Jun 15, 2017 22:10
Vote:

As far as I can tell this is live. What version are you running? 

Jun 20, 2017 9:54
Vote:

we are 9.19 :)) upgrade is scheduled in coming next months. in which version this was fixed?

Jun 20, 2017 10:07
Vote:

It was released in EPiServer.CMS.UI 10.2.0 (Dec 2016)

Seems it was never higlighted as a commerce feature (I could not find it among the commerce features at least).

http://world.episerver.com/features/episerver-features---march-2017/

"Multi-select and drag-and-drop assets in assets pane

You can drag and drop multiple folders and items within the assets pane, and delete, cut or copy and paste them, either from the context menu or using standard keyboard shortcuts. Any unselected children folders also are moved, copied or deleted.

You also can drag and drop multiple folders or items from the assets pane to the content area."

Jun 20, 2017 10:21
Vote:

cool, thx

Jun 20, 2017 10:24
Vote:

Great, will look to upgrade this comerce project to using lastest CMS 10.

Quick question Jonas, is it possible to utilise the multi-select and drag-and-drop within your own iFrame gadgets?

Jun 20, 2017 10:47
Vote:

Just to clarify a little. Multi-select in CMS for blocks and media was released in CMS.UI 10.2.0. For Commerce I believe it was enabled in Commerce 10.7.1 so you would need to upgrade Commerce as well.

Regarding your question Janaka I'm not sure I understand what you mean but you should be able to drop multiple things in your gadget. But it would be up to your implementation to handle it.

Jun 20, 2017 11:42
Vote:

Hi Nickla,

I was wondering if there was any special changes to utilise drag-and-drop for multiple items. I would like the editor to be able to select multiple content items from a component and drag into a content area on a page.

The current documentation I think is still around a single source and target - https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/CMS/user-interface/Drag-and-drop/

Jun 20, 2017 12:59
Vote:

Aha I see. No not really. The changes made were mostly in what we consider internal classes. But now the content area editor can handle when you drop more than one item.

It's like that example in the documentation. You can see that there is code in the _onDropData function that looks like this:

//Drop item is an array with dragged items. This example just handles the first item.
var dropItem = dndData ? (dndData.length ? dndData[0] : dndData) : null;

Note the comment there. What we did in the content area editor and other places is modify code like that to be able to handle when dndData is an array with more than one item.

So if you already have a gadget today that you can drag one item from, you should be able to modify that to drag all selected items by adding an array instead of one item.

Jun 20, 2017 13:24
Vote:

Thanks Nicklas. Not a dojo developer but will give this a go.

Jun 20, 2017 13:34
Vote:

Hi Jonas and Nicklas,

Not sure if I am seeing the new feature?  

I've upgraded a commerce site to the latest versions

• CMS Core 10.9.0
  • CMS UI 10.9.1
  • Commerce Core 10.7.2
  • Commerce UI 10.7.2

I'm getting the multi-select and drag-and-drop features for Blocks and Media, but this doesn't seem to be the case for Catalog content?  

Multi-select

Jun 20, 2017 18:03
Vote:

Then I have no idea what could be wrong for you Janaka. It should work.

I just tried this by using the latest Quicksilver from here: https://github.com/episerver/Quicksilver

That is using the packages listed here: https://github.com/episerver/Quicksilver/blob/master/Sources/EPiServer.Reference.Commerce.Site/packages.config

EPiServer.Commerce.Core 10.7.2
EPiServer.Commerce.UI 10.7.2
EPiServer.CMS.UI 10.9.1
EPiServer.CMS.UI.Core 10.9.1

On that site it works to select and drag multiple catalog content.

Jun 21, 2017 12:58
Vote:

You're right it is working in Quicksilver for me also. Not sure what the problem is for my project, as blocks and assets are selecting multiple items properly.

I will double check all the assemblies are the same version.

Edited, Jun 21, 2017 15:29
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.