Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Make it possible to select folder to create blocks in when using "Create a new block" in Content Areas

Vote:

I love the "Create a new block" feature. It's a quick shortcut for the editors to easily create a new block without first finding the right folder, create the block. Go back to your first content (yes you can use the back-function in the browser... But still...) just to drag it into the correct Content Area.

I would like that the Editor should be able to Click on "Create a new block" and get a folder picker. This is where the block will be created instead of in the Content Asset Folder.

This would keep a nice shortcut, but with the possibility to make the block shared to other content without the editor moving the block around from the Content Asset Folders.

Apr 09, 2018 18:12
Vote:

+1

I sometimes find myself considering IList<ContentReference> just to force users to create the block first. But that is usually too restrictive -- you can't use personalization, have to render the contents yourself, etc.

A couple additional ideas to enhance the UX: 

• When adding the first block, make the local asset folder selected by default (the folder picker would auto scroll-down and highlight the For This Page folder)?
  • Have it remember which folder was selected last time (in case the user is trying to add multiple blocks)
Apr 12, 2018 15:00
Vote:

I don't think using IList in this case is relevant for my request?

However your additional points sounds nice.

Apr 12, 2018 18:10
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.