Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Windows 2003 Server SP 1 and EPiServer 4.51

Vote:

I am running Windows 2003 server with SP 1 and Episerver 4.51. I use Active directory to authenticate my editors. I am running this in a test environment and this is a mirrored upgraded version from Windows 2003 and EPiServer 4.31. It seems that when the editor logs on it just gets the login page back without any message that the password or username was wrong. When I as an administrator in EPiServer is logging in it works, and I get the editor/admin interface. Also the new installation don’t update it’s rights in the editor interface when changing rights in AD groups without restarting the World Wide Web Publishing Service. This is working instantly with out any restart in my old installation. Do any one have similar problems?
Nov 21, 2005 17:24
Vote:

I think I've read that ASPNET needs "act as part of the operating system" priveliges in User Rights Assignment to make Windows and LDAP login to work togehter with the Forms login. /HAXEN
Nov 22, 2005 10:30
Vote:

Thank you Håkan, but there should be no need for the ASPNET user to "act as part of the operating system". If I remember right that is not necessary from version .NET framework 1.1. My problem is now solved and was more of disorientated matter. The web.config file on the two servers was not mirrored since licence information is stored there. The web.config on the test server was not updated after a change in the AD earlier and the AD security groups that needs to be defined under the authorization tag in the location path="edit" was not updated. So my problem was in general not related with the update, it was just that after the update the sharper tests discovered an old problem.
Dec 05, 2005 10:21
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.