Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer 4.6 on Windows XP / IIS 5.1 authentication problem

Vote:

I cannot install EpiServer on my Windows XP Pro development machine (IIS 5.1, SQL Server 2000, Visual Studio 2005) I can access the EPiServer login window, but whatever I type in returns the dreaded "The trust relationship between the primary domain and the trusted domain failed." error. IIS is configured in a fairly standard way - I'm only trying to do basic authentication and anonymous access is enabled. My ASP version is 2.0.50727. I've also tried accessing an installed EPiServer installation, which I can access as a visitor, but as soon as I try and login to the admin system, I get the same error. If anybody has any ideas it would be appreciated, as currently I can't do any EPiServer development on my laptop. Many thanks, /\dam
May 22, 2007 16:55
Vote:

...I should add, I am using "forms" authentication in my web.config /\dam
May 22, 2007 16:56
Vote:

I no longer have this problem, so EPiServer is installed on my XP laptop. The solution was to disable the "Guest" windows user account, which I only knew about from searching these forums. This issue should definitely be prminently added to the installation documentation, as it wasted me many hours reinstalling various components trying to fix it. /\dam
May 23, 2007 13:07
Vote:

Hi, I think you're seeing two different problems. 1. The Guest account on Windows XP needs to be disabled in order to log in. 2. The trust relationship is covered in detail on http://www.episerver.com/en/EPiServer_Knowledge_Center/Developer-Forum2/EPiServer-Developer-Forums-/1556/8686/ Good thing you got it to work - finally. /Steve
May 23, 2007 21:46
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.