Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Security Exception

Vote:

Hi! I get an error on the first visit each day on my episerversite - Server Error in '/' Application.. But if I refresh the browser the error is gone. It says the following: System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed Why is episerver trying to write to the Registry? And why does it fail? Could it be the user IUSR_servername that doesn't have enough privilegies to perform this operation? Does anybody have any ideas?
Aug 12, 2007 16:07
Vote:

Hi, It seems that you have installed EPiServer as a non administrator, and because that an event source needed by EPiServer, and called "EPiServer Scheduler" was not created. The easiest way for you to solve the problem will be to create a console application add the following three lines: System.Diagnostics. EventLog _eventLog = new System.Diagnostics.EventLog("Application", ".", "EPiServer Scheduler"); _eventLog.WriteEntry( "Installed OK"); _eventLog.Dispose(); and run it once as an administrator. Then everything should be just fine. To check that, in the event viewer, under the application you should find a new entry with the newely created source and the description "Installed OK". Also see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329291 Regards Per
Aug 13, 2007 13:50
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.