Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cant get AD-provider working in EPI11

Vote:

I am trying to connect a clean new Episerver11-solution to our companys Active Directory to use for logins and role management. The connection seems to be made, but im not able to login with any account, and its hard to troubleshoot since no errors are thrown and no logs are made. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

I've followed the setup guide for the AD-provider, the account im using to connect is working in a LDAP-browser, and the login im using is correct.

If I try with a faulty username/password for the AD-connection I get a warning saying "wrong username or password", so some sort of connection to the AD is made.

Oct 29, 2018 9:51
Vote:

If no error message is displayed when you try to log in to edit/admin mode, have a look at <location path="EPiServer"> section inside web.config and check which users/roles are allowed to access Epi inside authorization section.

Oct 29, 2018 10:04
Vote:

That was it, its working nice now, thank you!

Oct 29, 2018 10:35
Vote:

Sort of related to https://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=198319. I would recommend setting virtual roles in the location(s) configuration and then just map your AD roles to the virtual roles instead.

Oct 29, 2018 14:07
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.