Virtual Happy Hour this month, Jun 28, we'll be getting a sneak preview at our soon to launch SaaS CMS!

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Björn Olsson
Oct 31, 2009
  9288
(5 votes)

Scheduled Jobs Monitor Gadget

My first blog post ever, here it goes:

This is a gadget I’ve created for monitoring all scheduled jobs installed on the site. You can also execute jobs manually using this gadget.

This is the default view, a list of all scheduled jobs. The status-column indicates whether the job is currently running or not. I guess the rest of the columns speak for themselves.

Index

This view is shown when the name of a scheduled job is clicked. The history will automatically update after the job is executed manually using the ‘Start Manually’ button.

History

This warning message will be displayed if the EPiServer Scheduler Service does not appear to be active. Please note that this message is displayed during application startups for a few moments sometimes.

WarningMessage

As you may already have concluded, this is a very boring and uncool gadget. But very useful :)

Installation

1. Download installer below
  2. Start EPiServer Deployment Center
  3. Choose to “Install a Module from a Compressed File” and follow the instructions. (Found under: Installed Products –> EPiServer CMS –> Version 6.0)

Enjoy!

Download installer

Download source

Oct 31, 2009

Comments

Björn Olsson
Björn Olsson Sep 21, 2010 10:32 AM

The tags on this blog post seams to have disappeard when i republished from live writer?

Eric
Eric Sep 21, 2010 10:32 AM

I will have a look at it! /Eric

Sep 21, 2010 10:32 AM

Welcome as a blogger! Nice little gadget.
/ Mattias Nordgren

Marija Jemuovic
Marija Jemuovic Apr 4, 2011 01:56 PM

Hello, Bjorn, nice idea for a gadget! However, I am getting the 404 when trying to access your installer/source. Can you please check it or upload it elsewhere?

Thanks in advance!

Björn Olsson
Björn Olsson Apr 4, 2011 01:58 PM

Thx, the downloads should work again now, but I can't guarantee that this plugin still works however :)

Apr 27, 2011 02:20 PM

nice work

Atul Kumar
Atul Kumar May 18, 2011 08:41 AM

Good work,But i am using the source code and i am getting this error i.e

Message: 'epi.gadget.ajaxLoader' is null or not an object

How i can fix this?

Björn Olsson
Björn Olsson May 20, 2011 09:23 AM

Don't know, I guess the api has changed since is built this.

Please login to comment.
Latest blogs
New Series: Building a .NET Core headless site on Optimizely Graph and SaaS CMS

Welcome to this new multi-post series where you can follow along as I indulge in yet another crazy experiment: Can we make our beloved Alloy site r...

Allan Thraen | Jun 14, 2024 | Syndicated blog

Inspect In Index is finally back

EPiCode.InspectInIndex was released 9 years ago . The Search and Navigation addon is now finally upgraded to support Optimizely CMS 12....

Haakon Peder Haugsten | Jun 14, 2024

Change the IP HTTP Header used for geo-lookup in Application Insights

Johan Kronberg | Jun 10, 2024 | Syndicated blog

Copying property values

In this article I’d like to show simple Edit Mode extension for copying property values to other language versions. In one of my previous blogposts...

Grzegorz Wiecheć | Jun 8, 2024 | Syndicated blog