Advanced CMS - Add-on for Advanced & External reviews
Please take a look at a new Open Source add-on that improves the reviewing process and lets external users to view & review content without the need to access the Edit Mode.
- Context aware smart reviewing
- Allow external reviewers to access unpublished data
- Provide token-based, expirable links to any content version
- Visually express issues in reviewed content by highlighting or adding screenshots
- MIT licensed
- Not officially supported by EPiServer - both authors (Greg Wiecheć & Bart Sekuła) are EPiServer employees, however this add-on, at the moment, is not going to be included in the Core product. We will maintain it on our own.
Please see it in action:
External review component
This is an Edit mode component used to generate external review links. There are two types of links:
- view - external reviewer can preview draft content version
- editable - external reviewver can add comments using advanced review widget
Editor can share external review links using share dialog. The [#link#] constant will be replaced with link to content.
Below is an email example:
/externalContentReviews location is only accessible to users who are members of the ExternalReviewers role. You will have to manually add personal user accounts or a shared user account that could be used by the external reviews.
Please note that we are now in BETA, there may still be issues that we try to fix as soon as we can.
The source code can be found here: https://github.com/advanced-cms/advanced-reviews Contributors are welcome.