The A/B testing addon for Optimizely CMS is now open-source
For several years, this tool has served as a springboard to the world of experimentation for CMS users and developers. That thrills us. Experimentation is a foundational pillar of Optimizely’s ethos and, in that spirit, we feel it’s important to maximize our focus on innovating in the areas that present the most effective results for our customers.
Optimizely’s Web and Full Stack experimentation platforms provide the most advanced and robust experimentation capabilities on the market. It enables users with an immensely powerful set of tools for managing modern, dynamic, application experiences. It is also the platform upon which Optimizely will pursue its future innovation in the space.
As we wind down our efforts on the addon, two factors standout:
- There are users that rely on the capabilities of the tool today.
- The developer community has historically expressed interest in extending, modifying, or replacing capabilities within the tool.
This makes the addon an ideal candidate to open to continue life as a community supported project.
What happens next?
- The source for the addon is now open and available at episerver/ab-testing (github.com). Fork the repository to add, update, or replace capabilities as it’s relevant to your projects.
- Optimizely will continue to actively maintain support for the addon for 3 months, ending on November 15, 2022.
- After November 15, 2022, Optimizely’s official contributions to the project will come to an end. The source for the addon will remain available to the community and free to use or modify as you see fit.
EDIT: This article was updated to include a link to repository for the CMS 12 version of the add-on, in addition to the CMS 11 version.