Review and release beta APIs
Sep 27, 2016
Jan 07, 2022
Closed, Fixed and tested
The following APIs has been updated to be a part of our supported API:
- Logging (EPiServer.Logging namespace in EPiServer.Framework.dll)
- Notifications (EPiServer.Notification namespace in EPiServer.dll)
- Async tasks (EPiServer.Async namespace in EPiServer.Framework.dll)
- Activities (EPiServer.DataAbstraction.Activities namespace in EPiServer.dll)
- IdentityMappingService (part of EPiServer.DataAbstraction in EPiServer.dll)
- SecurityEntityProvider (part of EPiServer.Security in EPiServer.Framework.dll)
- UrlSegmentOptions (part of EPiServer.Web namespace in EPiServer.dll)
- IContextValidate (part of EPiServer.Framework.Validation namespace in EPiServer.Framework.dll)
As a part of the review of these API the following changes were made:
- The properties ValidUrlCharacters and Encode on type UrlSegmentOptions has been obsoleted and replaced by properties ValidCharacters and SupportIriCharacters
- It is no longer necessary to implement INotificationFormatter when implementing IUserNotificationFormatter.
- Notifications can be sent on a channel without a notification formatter. These notifications will be considered to be user notifications only.
- FormatterName was removed from INotificationFormatter and IUserNotificationFormatter.
- The logic of FindSubscribersAsync in ISubscriptionService has been changed so that it returns all subscribers where the search key starts with the key of the subscription. A ListSubscriptionsAsync has also been added that returns all subscriptions that starts with the key.