Visual Studio extensions for Episerver CMS
The Episerver Visual Studio extension is optional and adds some useful tools and sample templates to help out in the development of Episerver websites.
The recommended way is to install Visual Studio extensions for Episerver CMS directly from within Visual Studio using the steps provided below. You can perform the installation from all Visual Studio versions (including the free Visual Studio Community).
- To install from Visual Studio, select Tools > Extensions and Updates.
- In the extensions window, select Online, and type "episerver" in the search box.
- Select Episerver CMS Visual Studio Extension and click Install (or "Update" if already installed).
It is also possible to download the package for offline installation via Visual Studio Marketplace.
For Visual Studio Express 2015 (deprecated)
An older version of the Visual Studio extension is available for Visual Studio Express, we recommend upgrading Visual Studio instead to get access to the latest updates. Try out Visual Studio Community for a fully-featured IDE; An updated alternative to Visual Studio Express.
- Download the EPiServer Visual Studio Express extension for CMS.
- Run the downloaded installer to add the extension to Visual Studio Express.
For Visual Studio 2012, 2013 (deprecated)
An older version of the Visual Studio extension is available for Visual Studio 2012/2013, but we recommend upgrading Visual Studio instead to get access to the latest updates.
- Download an older version of the EPiServer Visual Studio extension for CMS.
- Run the downloaded installer to add the extension to Visual Studio 2012/2013.