Due to an newly discovered issue* with Oracle in Hotfix 5 we recommend Oracle customers to install hotfix 3 only. If you already have installed HF 5 you can rollback to HF 3 by replacing the assemblys and make the correct assembly redirects in web.config. No need to run any sql querys since the database version is the same.
*0048215: Oracle: Modifying a LOB requires that the connection be transacted
This issue is only in Hotfix 5 and is causing problems with Workflows, Dynamic property of type longstring and EPiBooking.
Note: Before installing any hotfix, please remember that these packages are not subject to testing in the same extent as publicly released code.
Make sure to backup old files and database before applying any hotfix.
This hotfix corrects the following problems:
A few of issues were encountered in Hotfix 1 and 2, to correct these the following issue has been rolled back:
- Issue #45554 - Filenames are not encoded in the file manager.
The following issues have been corrected in this hotfix:
- Issue #45818 - Searching on properties is slow due to poorly optimized stored procedures.
- Issue #45503 - Simple Address always adds an epslanguage parameter when rewriting url.
- Issue #45530 - GetPostedData method on XFormData ignores "start date" and "end date" for public overloads of the method.
- Issue #45545 - Login cookies does not work with sliding expiration.
- Issue #45579 - Copy pages corrupts tblTree.
- Issue #45401 - Attaching to the MovingPage event and setting CancelAction to true gives strange GUI behaviour.
- Issue #45635 - Users and groups are not sorted by name by default when listing from database.
- Issue #45591 - Faulty path to CSS and JS files in Admin/Workflow.aspx.
- Issue #45671 - Excessive calls to WindowsPrincipal.IsInRole() makes 4.61 sites slow.
- Issue #45562 - FieldOrder is set to 0 when adding a new property.
- Issue #45436 - Fetch data does not work with mirroring.
- Issue #45468 - FileManager in ActionWindow is very slow when tblUnifiedPath contains many rows.
- Issue #45804 - Add ability to handle negative SIDs.
- Issue #45815 - Error message " PropertyData object with name "<some name>" already exists" in Edit mode.
- Issue #45816 - Export should export the name of the SID for compatibility with EPServer 5.x.
- Issue #45817 - Publishing a page in a large site is slow due to tblWorkProperty lacking a proper index.
- Issue #45572 - Mirrored EPiFields not working (Requires the EPiServer Fields 4.61 HotFix 1 to work).
- Issue #45575 - Custom query strings are lost when making a post back for a page with a friendly url.
- Issue #45858 - Added InternalPageDataHelper class.
- Issue #45565 - Possible race condition in license handling for multiple sites with the same database.
- Issue #45528 SQL timeout problems after upgrading to 4.61
- Issue #45821 Deadlocks can occur during simultaneous page publishing
- Issue #45818 Searching on properties is slow due to poorly optimized sprocs
To install this hotfix you must complete the following steps:
- Install the following contained DLL(s) to the Global Assembly Cache (GAC).
(For example by drag and dropping the files to the folder c:\windows\assembly.)
- Move the EPiServer.CodeBehind.dll to ~\bin\ under your site(optional: move the dll's in step 1 as well).
- Change version of the redirects for the following DLL's in web.config on your site (<bindingRedirect newVersion="X"/>)
EPiServer.dll 188.8.131.52 EPiServer.Enterprise.dll 184.108.40.206 EPiServer.XForms.dll 220.127.116.11 EPiServer.CodeBehind.dll 18.104.22.168
- Run the contained SQL-script EPiServer_4_61_db_hotfix3.sql on your db.
(EPiServer_4_61_db_hotfix3_oracle.sql if you are using Oracle)
- Copy the following files to your website:
/admin/Workflow.aspx to ~/<Your admin directory>/Workflow.aspx
/admin/WorkflowItem.aspx to ~/<Your admin directory>/WorkflowItem.aspx
- If HotFix 1 was installed, perform the following steps, since the fix for Issue #45554 has been rolled back:
- Replace the file ~/Util/FileManager/Browse.ascx with the 4.61 release file.
Restart the web server with the command iisreset.exe.