Episerver features - February 2018
This release summary includes features added in updates 192 through 203 of the Episerver platform. Updates are cumulative, so the latest update always includes previous ones.
What is new for..?
Expand the following sections for information about new features.
Support for starting CMS Core in an integration test scenario without requiring a web.config file was added. All common configuration settings are now supported to be changed programmatically.
Now you can instead register a custom editor wrapper on the uiWrapper and it is automatically loaded at runtime.
The MenuPin add-on was implemented in the core product to let users pin the global menu.
See Support for OpenID Connect in Episerver Commerce for more information.
You can now control edit access to individual catalogs and categories from the edit view, in the same way as for CMS.
To avoid receiving notifications when catalogs are imported, add the following to appSettings to disable the event-driven indexing:
<add key="episerver:DisableCatalogEventDrivenIndexing" value="true" />
New (Beta) abstraction APIs were implemented; they provide methods to work with creating orders. However, they lack certain methods to handle orders afterwards (Shipping shipments, complete shipments, complete orders, and so on.). See Order processing for more information.
User can send S/MIME-signed emails now. The digital signature with S/MIME protects against phishing attacks. Recipients of an S/MIME-signed email can be certain that the message originated from the authentic sender and was not manipulated during the transmission.
The details of returned emails are displayed in the appropriate time of a time zone, such as the opt-in date of the recipient.
The Unknown option was removed from the Device type grouping.
Uploaded files are removed when submitted form data are removed.
DeleteFormData introduces a new method for deleting form submissions.
The method's required parameters are formId (int) and recordIds (array of string). For more information, see Using Forms Service API in the Episerver Forms Developer Guide.
Google Analytics now uses component API instead of the deprecated gadget API.
- Performance of the connectors was improved by fetching and caching databases and lists (wherever applicable) upon site startup.
- A scheduled job that fetches data at a configured interval and refreshes cached items was added.
- In the Global Settings area, a field to set cache duration was added.
CMS 11 support has been added for these add-ons:
- Episerver Self-Optimizing Block
- Episerver Visitor Groups Criteria Pack
- Episerver Optimizely
- Episerver SpellChecker for TinyMCE
- Episerver User-Generated Content
- Episerver Mail. See Installing/upgrading Episerver Mail 10 to CMS 11.
- Episerver Connect for Marketing Automation
- Marketing Automation connectors for:
- Episerver Forms
When a visitor submits a Salesforce form multiple times, you can now either update that visitor's existing information, or you can create a new entity (lead, contact, and so on).
- New release of Avensia Storefront
Last updated: Feb 27, 2018