Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

VPP Migration from 7 to 7.5

Vote:

Good day,

I have a question in regards to typed models in which we used to in episerver 7 use the Url as the type returned and now we need to use the ContentReference.  During the migration, all the conversions happen and what not and stored old urls in a table.  SO if i were to switch my property to contentreference from Url, I cannot forsee this being handled appropiately for content being referenced as a Url.  IS there a way around this or how have others done this. Example of setup

EPiServer 7
public virtual Url NewsImage{get;set;}

EPiServer 7.5
public virtual ContentReference NewsImage {get;set;}

all works fine if i were to to create anew project and start out with newsImage as a contentlink but this site has been upgraded to 7.5 from 7.  how to I new make NEwsImage a contentreference when all other references in 7 were Url.  Will this not break?

I would be interested in entertaining your thoughts or ideas.

Apr 04, 2014 20:43
Vote:

Hey Joshua,

You can still use Url if you want to, you don't need to switch to ContentReference. However, if you are developing a new content type it is adviced to use ContentReference for images.

Apr 04, 2014 21:40
Vote:

But in the future, If you ever choose to not allow this, Then we are stuck with the url and all items are obsolete now right?

Apr 04, 2014 22:30
Vote:

Would a midgration task take care of this more me?

Apr 04, 2014 22:31
Vote:

The migration task should convert URLs that are softlinks. So if your link is in the softlinks table it should be taken care of.

Apr 04, 2014 22:55
Vote:

Did you ever try this? I have the same problem and as far as I can tell I am stuck with Url. Trying to change the type of property will remove all links to images sadly. The migration did not make ContentReferences of the images that looked like this:

[Editable(true)]
        [Display(
            Name = "Image",
            Description = "Choose an image to show",
            GroupName = SystemTabNames.Content,
            Order = 10)]
        [UIHint(UIHint.Image)]
        public virtual Url Image { get; set; }
Mar 05, 2015 21:21
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.