Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Duplicate content on multiple sites

Vote:

Hello,

Does anyone have a solution on how to duplicate content on two different sites on the same installation? I have a siteA and a siteB with different hostnames and starting points and I need to have the same list of articles (with working urls) on both sites. The list of articles can reside on one of the sites or on a global level.

Thank you for any help!

Feb 19, 2015 23:39
Vote:

Do the articles needs to have different urls for each site or is it OK that the articles only have one url?

If you need to have different URLs for each site you could either create duplicates on each site that is set to "Fetch content from" and point to the global articles.

Another alternative is to create a partial router. Joel Abrahamsson wrote a great article on that topic.

/T

Feb 20, 2015 0:57
Vote:

You could write a content provider. There is one in the Alloy template project, that will get you going.

Feb 20, 2015 3:37
Vote:

It would be fine with the same path to the articles but the is different for the two sites. I was hoping there would be a simple way to do this as I would say it is a common task in content management when dealing with multiple sites.

I use a block to show the articles on both sites and I have managed to fetch the global articles using the "shortcut to page" where the shortcut points to the parent of the global articles. I can also show the articles in a feed in both sites, but when I navigate to full view of one of the articles I get a 404 because it is not available on that domain. So I should probably look into the partial router?

Thanks for your help!

Feb 20, 2015 10:12
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.