Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Link to internal page with querystring, how?

Vote:

I've made a page that takes a querystring to fill some hidden form fields in Episerver Forms, but apparently we can't include the querystring in a field of type Url. Episerver immediately resolves the URL to a page and then shows the Page instead of the full link. A bit of searching led me to External links to internal pages with query string parameters no longer works which looks like the same issue to me, but then in Episerver 7. We are running CMS 9.12.2, so I would think the bug mentioned in there would be solved.

Basically, I want to link to https://domain.tld/some/page/that/exists/?epi=server and Episerver switches immediately from 'External URL' to 'Page' and shows the page name.

To clarify:

I have an Episerver URL type property. When editing this in the CMS you get a popup asking what you want to link to. If you select External Page there and enter an internal URL with querystring it is changed to just a link to the page without a querystring. We don't want that, we want (or as the customer puts it, need) that querystring to be included in the link.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

EDIT: Well, apparently this used to be fixed as a bug: http://world.episerver.com/support/Bug-list/bug/116931 - It looks like I managed to bring it back :(

Edited, Oct 24, 2016 14:54
Vote:

The bugfix you are refering to makes sure the query string is not lost, so save and publish and print on the site and it should work. The dialog have no way of showing the querystring though, so as an editor you don't see it and if you press OK again then it is lost. I reported a feature request that the dialog should show the querystring.

Oct 24, 2016 15:54
Vote:

It is now very confusing for content editors to not see the query string they entered, but I guess this will have to do. I'm pretty sure this is going to be something that's going to come back to us in the support phase of the project. An updated dialog that shows the querystring would be very welcome indeed.

Oct 25, 2016 7:57
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.