Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Short URL

Vote:

Hi,

Can somebody tell me where I can find the Short URL in the Database? I have a page with a short name and it is sending me to a different page address. Is it possible to have duplicate Short URLs?

Jon

Feb 15, 2016 15:54
Vote:

public string GetSimpleAddress(PageData page) 
{ 
    string url; 

//Fetch the simple address 
    try 
    { 
        url = (string)page.Property["PageExternalURL"].Value; 
    } 
    catch 
    { 
        url = string.Empty; 
    } 

//Return the regular URL if no simple address was found 
    return (url != string.Empty ? url : page.LinkURL); 
}

You can normally only have a single simple url (if you are not using SEO Manager).
Think about canonical links for SEO while you are at it...
Edited, Feb 15, 2016 16:04
Vote:

Hi,

Do you know if it is possible to query the database to see if there are duplicate Simple Urls? 

Feb 15, 2016 16:17
Vote:

Don't think the API will allow multiple simple urls to the same so shouldn't happen. Are you sure you don't have a shortcut set on the page? You can set those in edit mode that will cause a redirect to another page...

Feb 15, 2016 16:25
Vote:

Hi,

I have set this up in the Admin section of the page - under the Simple URL. But when I enter the simple url it takes me to another page that doesnt exist. I am basically trying to help our client find the issue and it would be handy to query the database via SQL to see if there are duplicates.

Feb 15, 2016 16:33
Vote:

tblContentLanguage -column ExternalUrl? My memory is a bit fuzzy on that one...

Feb 15, 2016 17:15
Vote:

A bit late to the party here but don't forget that report center has a "Simple addresses" report that can be used to find simple addresses for all pages.

Feb 15, 2016 20:17
Vote:

Right...report center...always forget that one hehe :)

Feb 15, 2016 20:46
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.