Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Customize block popup in edit mode

Vote:

Hi,

One question I have: is it possible to use localization in the popup that appears in edit mode if we have on the page a block? I'm trying to edit a block, it pops up with the default labels for the properties. I want them displayed by language. I can do this for the view of the block, I get the labels displayed by language, but in edit mode, in the dijit popup dialog, I cannot do that. 

My question: is it possible what I am trying to do?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance. Waiting for your answer ASAP.

Mar 10, 2016 16:41
Vote:

Any news on this one? Can anyone help me?

I just need to know if this is possbile or if there is any easy workaround for this.

Thanks in advance.

Mar 11, 2016 9:53
Vote:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<languages>
  <language name="English" id="en">
    <!-- Blocks -->
    <blocktypes>
      <blocktype name="PageListBlock">
        <name>Page List</name>
        <description>Blockbeskrivning</description>
      </blocktype>
    </blocktypes>

Tried using resource file xml like above? Not sure I understand exactly where you get the error but if you want localized property names for blocks, this is the way...

Mar 11, 2016 10:13
Vote:

test

This is what I'm trying to do. In the view I can read the localization from resource file, EventStartDate123, but in the popup I only have the default property name.

Do you understand better what I'm trying to achieve?

Thanks in advance.

Mar 11, 2016 10:19
Vote:

Any news? Has anyone bumped into this before?

I need localization in the edit mode popup dialog. Is this possbile? It should be, I just didn't figure out how to do it.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Mar 11, 2016 10:54
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.