Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom pages

Vote:

So I am going to make some pages where I would show dynamic data coming from some source. If it was in MVC I would create a action in a controller if I had one otherwise I would create a controller and a corresponding action.

Now that I am in EPIServer world I would like to do things the right way. So do I have to create a Page type, Page model and PageController or is there any other way as well to do that? I just want to create one page and I think creating a whole page type for it would be over complicating it. But if that is the way I will sure do it. 

Thanks in advance. 

Nov 03, 2017 11:00
Vote:

Hi, Chaudhry,

I believe it depends on the usecase. However, it sounds like creating a pagetype is a way to go, since you might want to link to this URL from other pages, put it in the menus etc. In this case, operating with this URL through ContentLoader is working in the same way as for other content, you wouldn't need to put a static link, etc. You get ACL out of the box as well.

So, unless I misunderstood, I would go down creating a pagetype.

Hope this helps,

Marija

Nov 30, 2017 12:38
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.