Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Globalization best practice

Vote:

I have a client that use CMS, Commerce and Find translated to 15 different languages. Now they want to expand and add 25 new languages, so a total of 40 languages. Most of the new 25 languages will just fallback to the existing english site. I spontaneously got the feeling that 40 languages could be quite heavy (bad for performance), but it's nothing but a gut feeling. To summarize, 15 translated sites and an extra 25 languages that fallback to english. In the future, the fallbacked languages might be translated as well.

One thing that made me a bit reluctant was not knowing whether the new languages, although fallbacked, would create extra documents in Find - and therefore risk reaching the document limit of our license.

Do you have any good or bad experiences with sites with many translated sites? If good - maybe shed some light on if you made some special adjustment to cope with the amount of languages. If bad - what is/was your issues, did you solve them and how did you solve them?

Jan 23, 2020 23:08
Vote:

Episerver find will only index the language branches that you create. You may add more langues to your site, without affecting numbers of documents indexed.

Given a site with 100 languages, even with fallback. If you create 10 language versions for one page, the Find index count should be 10 - not 100.

Jan 24, 2020 9:45
Vote:

What about resources that editors have no access to (located in XML language files)?

Jan 24, 2020 10:15
Andreas J - Jan 27, 2020 17:49
What about them?
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.