Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Add-on still visible

Vote:

Hi all, I have removed Episerver.Social nuget from the solution, but I still see Social Reach menu item and it actually accessible. Also can see it in "Admin -> Tool Settings -> Plug-in Manager". It was never listed among Add-ons though.

Was it removed and why do I still see menu item? Thank you!

UPD: I have removed old "bin" folder, and rebuilt the web. It threw an exception - "Could not load file or assembly "EPiServer.Social" or one of its dependencies" - then I checked modules/_protected and noticed that the Social is still there. Even though in a commit I have seen it was all removed from there. Anyway, when I removed it manually - everything works now. No exception and the Social Reach disappeared from menu item as well as Plug-in Manager.

Please someone just confirm that I did it at it is supposed to be done and I'm not doing some noob-witchcraft, thanks!

Edited, Oct 11, 2021 15:34
Vote:

Nothing witchcrafty here.

Normally uninstalling the nuget and rebuild should be anough. In addition, I always search the solution for the package name ("Episerver.Social" in this case) to make sure all configuration settings etc are removed to. Sometimes addons require manuel removal of some files or config settings when uninstalling.

When using a version control system (like git), you could also have a look at the commit where the addon was installed, and see that your commit when you removed it reverses everything...

Oct 12, 2021 4:48
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.