Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Form data database location

Vote:

Could someone please point me to the location of where individual form response data is stored in the Epi database? I see a number of views with form data (e.g., VW_FormData_XXXXX....) but trying to map to a specific form.

Aug 23, 2021 19:33
Vote:

Hi,

Forms data is stored in Dynamic Data Store.

Have you tried using IFormDataRepository.GetSubmissionData() ?

Aug 23, 2021 20:48
Vote:

Thanks for the response but I was actually trying to access the form data directly within the database. I'm looking to create a SQL job to extract the data into a temp table for additional processing outside of the CMS but can't locate where it s stored in the DB.

Aug 24, 2021 0:37
Vote:

The data is stored in the DDS under the tblBigTable table

Aug 24, 2021 9:16
Vote:

I strongly advise against accessing database directly. In case of Form, it can be quite complicated. Form is stored in DDS as Dejan and Scott mentioned, but it's not neccessarily in the tblBigTable. It can be in FormData_<Guid> table

Using the API is slower but definitely safer and more future proof

Aug 24, 2021 9:26
Scott Reed - Aug 24, 2021 9:28
Interesting, was going off memory but it's been a long time since I've looked in the form data directly.
Vote:

Thanks for the advice but I am only trying to extract data into another database using a job from the external database so not altering the DB directly.  Any way to cross reference the form to the corresponding FormData view? I have lots of forms!

Edited, Aug 25, 2021 20:43
Vote:

Can you not use the import export feature of forms https://webhelp.optimizely.com/15-1/EN/Content/EN/CMS%20Edit/Edit_Forms.htm#:~:text=Exporting%20forms,and%20click%20Import%20or%20Export

If you're just trying to export and import between systems. If you want to compare you could extract to Excel instead and load the dataset or just use excel to do it

Aug 26, 2021 7:56
Vote:

you can find the data in tblBigTable but as data get store in DDS it's not easy to fetch 

Sep 08, 2021 8:57
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.