Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Reset language fallback in code

Vote:

I have a site with a complex series of langauge fallbacks. I have set theis on the Root item. However, there are some blocks that were created before I set up the rules on Root so they have different rules. I would like to create a schedule job to loop throuh all blocks and pages and basically 'check' the inherit settings from parent. Can this be set in code?

Mar 09, 2022 21:23
Vote:

Hi Ethan,

This should be possible using the ContentLanguageSettingRepository (EPiServer.DataAbstraction).

As far as I'm aware, if content inherits language settings from it's parent then it has no ContentLangaugeSetting. So I believe you'd want to do something like this (which I'll caveat by saying I haven't tested at all):

var languageSettings = _contentLanguageSettingRepository.Load(contentLink);

if (languageSettings == null)
{
	return;
}

foreach (var languageSetting in languageSettings)
{
	_contentLanguageSettingRepository.Delete(contentLink, languageSetting.LanguageBranch);
}
Mar 10, 2022 10:30
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.