Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

export of visible to for pages

Vote:

I would like to create an export of pages and their visible to settings.  Can someone point me in the right direction to get this information.

Thank you

Jun 15, 2022 22:26
Vote:

Hi Peter

FilterForVisitor might be the one you're looking for

EPiServer.Filters.FilterForVisitor (optimizely.com)

Jun 16, 2022 3:56
Peter P - Jun 24, 2022 4:26
how would i pull a site wide list and their security settings with this?
Vote:

It's available in the database table tblContentAccess
Details: https://www.gulla.net/no/blog/locate-episerver-content-with-restricted-access-rights/

Depending on your use case, that might - or might not - be the easiest solution.

Jun 16, 2022 8:07
Peter P - Jun 24, 2022 4:26
This kinda worked. there was some content that didn't show in the query as it looked like it inherited the security from the folder so it was an incomplete list.
Tomas Hensrud Gulla - Jun 24, 2022 9:06
That is correct, the table only contains access rights set directly - they are not duplicated for content that inherits their rights.

If you like playing around in the database, you should be able to figure this all out using the ContentPath column of the table tblContent. It shows what pages is placed below what other pages. Combine this with the information in tblContentAccess - and you should be good to go!
Vote:

Give admin => tools => export data a shot. 

Rename the file to .zip after export and open it. It contains information about the content, properties and the access rights you are interested in, in the <ACL> element of the epix.xml.

Jun 17, 2022 11:59
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.