Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Localization of workflow warning

Vote:

Hi,

Is there a way to localize the warnings retrieved from a workflow? I used the OrderGroupWorkflowManager.GetWarningsFromWorkflowResult to get warning of an executed workflow but it returns an array of strings (english error messages). How am I supposed to show the warnings in the correct frontend language?

Mar 09, 2015 15:08
Vote:

Hi,

Unfortunately our workflows do not support localization out of the box. The reason was workflows are intended to be "core", so the front-end will only catch the exception and display a general error message instead of giving details to customer.

But as it's open source, you are free to update the code so it's properly localized. For example, in ValidateLineItemsActivity, you can get the localized string instead of plain English message to return to the warning.

Regards.

/Q

Mar 10, 2015 3:24
Vote:

Hi,

I didn't know that episerver commerce core was opensource, where can I fork it?

Mar 10, 2015 9:18
Vote:

It's not the Commerce Core, but the workflows source is public, as you can found here: http://world.episerver.com/download/Items/EPiServer-Commerce/episerver-commerce-8-tools-and-code-samples/

Regards,

/Q

Mar 10, 2015 9:32
Vote:

Ok but the ValidateLineItemsActivity is part of the EPiServer.Commerce.Core (8.8.0) nuget package which makes it a bit confusing. You are suggesting that I create a custom workflow based on source that I can download which will probably work but is doesnt feel right since the activity that I wan't to change is part of the core package.

Mar 10, 2015 12:00
Vote:

Hi,

You have the source code of Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow project. Add it to your solution, and then add reference from your website to it (Remove the reference to Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow.dll). Then you are free to update the Mediachase.Commerce.Workflow project the way you want. It's the way it is and we encourage customers to do that so for better business fit.

Regards.

/Q

Mar 10, 2015 12:06
Vote:

Fair enough, thanks for the quick response!

Mar 10, 2015 12:44
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.