Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Access Denied to CM after upgrade

Vote:

Hi,

After upgrading EPiServer and EPiServer Commerce from 7.17 and 8.5 to 8.10 and 8.16 all admin users get "Access Denied" when trying to login to the Commerce Manager. Also in the CMS edit mode there is only a link to the Commerce Manager under the Commerce tab and not a link to the catalog and other commerce stuff. Anyone seen this and know how it can be solved?

/Viktor

Aug 26, 2015 10:23
Vote:

Hi,

Make sure your front-end site is proplerly migrated (all migration steps are completed) and then restart your commerce manager site.

Regards,

/Q

Aug 26, 2015 12:18
Vote:

Hi,

The frontend site is up and running with no issues.

I have updated everything with NuGet, started the frontend website (with updateDatabaseSchema="true" in web.config) and then the commerce manager after the frontend site has loaded. Am I missing a step in the upgrade process?

/Viktor

Aug 26, 2015 12:51
Vote:

The steps seem to be right - what would you see if you go to <yoursite>/<admin-path>/Commerce/Migrate? All migration steps are migrated successfully?

Something to check:

- table tblUserPermission, does it have a row with Name = Administrator and Permission = core:mng:login?

- the web.config of CM site, how does the roleprovider look like:

<roleManager enabled="true" cacheRolesInCookie="true" defaultProvider="SqlServerRoleProvider" cookieName="ECF.ASPXROLES" cookiePath="/" cookieTimeout="30" cookieRequireSSL="false" cookieSlidingExpiration="true" createPersistentCookie="false" cookieProtection="All">
      <providers>
        <clear />
        <add name="SqlServerRoleProvider" connectionStringName="EcfSqlConnection" applicationName="{CommerceManagerApplicationName}" type="Mediachase.Commerce.Customers.Profile.Providers.CustomerSqlRoleProvider, Mediachase.Commerce" />
      </providers>
    </roleManager>

ApplicationName should be your real application name, not the holder value.

Regards,

/Q

Aug 26, 2015 13:15
Vote:

Hi,

Thanks, I checked the migrate page and found that two items had not been run, "Update Serialized Data" and "Populate User Permission table"(!). After running the migration I can now login to CM.

Should this not have been run when I have the "AutoMigrateEPiServer" appsetting set to true in web.config? And should I not get an error message when loading the site the first time after a upgrade if the migration has not been run?

Still no Catalog link in EPiServer CMS but thats another issue.

/Viktor

Aug 26, 2015 15:58
Vote:

Hi,

It is supposed to run automatically with AutoMigrateEPiServer set to true, but it might be the MigrationInitializationModule which was removed/disabled from <system.webServer>/<modules> section. Please make sure it is there, as we highly recommend to complete migration steps.

Regards,

/Q

Aug 26, 2015 16:11
Vote:

Hi,

Ok, that module was removed from my web.config file during the update by NuGet or one of the packages updated/installed...

/Viktor

Aug 26, 2015 16:16
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.