Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Builtin discounts not showing

Vote:

When trying to create a Discount for a campaign I'm not seeing the Builtin Discounts at all.

There is only three Order Discounts, that from their names points to being custom.

Is there any appsetting or code that would disable/enable builtin Discounts?

Regards,

/Stefan Sonesson

Feb 12, 2018 13:54
Vote:

Hi!

I'm assuming a couple of things here: moderately new Commerce version, new promotion system.

You don't need to do anything for the built in promotions/discounts to work, you just need to set them up and then run promotions on your cart.

I made a checklist last week that can help you debug why a promotion isn't showing. Take a look at that and report back if you find anything :)

Feb 12, 2018 14:18
Vote:

AppSettings, no, but code, yes. Make sure you don't have such code in your initialization (or anywhere) 

var promotionTypeHandler = context.Locate.Advanced.GetInstance<PromotionTypeHandler>();

// To disable all built-in promotion types.
promotionTypeHandler.DisableBuiltinPromotions();

Feb 12, 2018 14:32
Vote:

Thanks Quan, there is a DisableBuiltinPromotions() call this should solve my problem.

Thanks Joel, I got your site before reading your comment, very nice writeup :-)

Feb 12, 2018 14:35
Vote:

Seems like I need to add another point though ;) Even though I think this is one of the very rare cases as well, seeing as you (or someone) need to add the DisableBuiltinPromotions(); manually in your solution in order to not find them :D

Feb 12, 2018 14:44
Vote:

You probably should. However I don't think this is a very rare case. We added that feature because customers asked for it, so it might be more common than you think ;) 

Feb 12, 2018 14:46
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.