Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Service API

Vote:

I am learning the service api whilst trying to understand an error a customer of mine has in production. I am pretty sure the PIM system, pushing products,SKUs etc to episervers REST API, but these items does not populate EPi Commerce, or should I say from time to time fails. Are there any logging made by episerver REST API by default? Can I make test calls to the API directly in the browser some how?

Sep 14, 2018 13:30
Vote:

You can use PostMan for such task. ServiceAPI is just another Commerce website so with proper EPiServerLog.config you would get the right error in the log 

Sep 14, 2018 13:43
Vote:

Ok. Can I get like a map over calls I can perform? I am using the tool SOAPUI to try out the REST API. I have tried calling: www.mysite.com/episerverapi, but get a fail in return.

Sep 14, 2018 14:02
Vote:

Sep 14, 2018 14:12
Vote:

Quan: What do you mean that service api is just another episerver web site? Surley it is not set up as an extra site in IIS?

Sep 18, 2018 9:13
Vote:

When you install ServiceApi.Commerce to a IIS website, it turns into an Episerver Commerce site.

Actually setting up ServiceAPi as a separate site is more common than you might think. It's a good practice because it separates things, and you can hide your ServiceAPI endpoint inside safe firewall (it is not supposed to expose to public) 

Sep 18, 2018 9:21
Vote:

The logging for episerver service api does not work for me. I think the configuration in episerverlogs.log looks fine, but nothing is written to the log file. Here is what my appender looks like: 

<appender name="PimIntegrationFileLogAppender" type="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender" >
    <!-- Consider moving the log files to a location outside the web application -->
    <file value="..\Logs\Pim\PimIntegration.log" />
    <encoding value="utf-8" />
    <staticLogFileName value="true"/>
    <datePattern value=".yyyyMMdd.'log'" />
    <rollingStyle value="Date" />
    <threshold value="Debug" />
    <lockingModel type="log4net.Appender.FileAppender+MinimalLock" />
    <appendToFile value="true" />
    <layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout">
      <conversionPattern value="%date [%thread] %level %logger: %message%n" />
    </layout>
  </appender>

Sep 18, 2018 9:36
Vote:

I now realized that wrong name was used in the referer when specifying this logger.

Sep 18, 2018 16:00
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.