Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Converting content types - Commerce

Vote:

Got a nice one here, I would like to be able to convert a commerce content type to another type (Consolidation of un-needed types).

I know CMS has the Convert Pages functionality, is there something simular for Commerce?

Dec 06, 2019 10:25
Vote:

Unfortunately no, that is not something we support. You can technically migrate the content in old type to new one, but that'd require some works

Dec 06, 2019 10:33
Vote:

Thanks for the response, work is not a problem, i just want to avoid needing to use the ContentRepository API to delete the content from the old types and recreate them using the new type as we would loose version history and it would take days to run.

What would you recommend as an approach forward to migrate everything? we would have the same properties on the new type, A direct sql script is by far the simplest to change content type reference for all the affected content

Dec 06, 2019 11:03
Vote:

It is obviously not supported, as you probably already know about it. it can be dangerous, if you want to continue that path you would have to contact Expert Services

Dec 08, 2019 21:57
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.