Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Remove language attribute from HtmlInputButton

Vote:

Hi! I'm working with an EPiServer web site that needs to conform with XHTML 1.0 Transitional and got an ASP.NET HtmlInputButton which automatically adds the attribute language="javascript" which isn't allowed in XHTML. I've tried to remove this attribute by executing QuickSearchButton.Attributes["language"] = ""; or QuickSearchButton.Attributes["language"] = null; or QuickSearchButton.Attributes.Remove("language"); in either Page_Load or QuickSearchButton_PreRender, but it does not work. I can add a new custom attribute, so I know that I can access the control. I found some postings about using a filter when outputting the response stream, but that seems to be overkill for just this issue. Before I start hacking away, I have some questions: 1. Is it possible to build the control entirely from code-behind without a language attribute ? 2. Could I perhaps use .RenderControl and filter the output there? 3. Is there any other way to accomplish this? Brgds Jonas
Oct 21, 2004 11:20
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.