Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

episerver:property

Vote:

Hi, I'm looking to add a property into the news listing for a "URL to Document" property so I can add some flash into the layout. I'm using to access it, but it only returns a URL link. Is there a way to access the value of the property directly without it formatting it as a link? Cheers, Jon
May 26, 2006 14:03
Vote:

Jon, you use the web control when you want to display property values. How they will be rendered depends on the underlying EPiServer data type of the property. Properties of type PageReference and PropertyURL are defined to render in a special way, creating links to the page or URL. Whenever you want to access the "raw" value of a property, one option is to use inline code instead of the Property web control. Outside of lists, you would typically use an "inline expression" to do something like this: Link Inside a list, to access properties from each page displayed in the list, you would rather use a "data binding expression" like this: ]]> Also make sure your control is explicitly data bound, for the <%# %> syntax to work as expected.
May 29, 2006 16:23
Vote:

aha thanks, worked a treat, I had an equals in there and couldn't see the wood for the trees! cheers, Jon
May 30, 2006 15:48
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.