Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Search Web Content

Vote:

Does anyone know if it's possible to configure some sort of web search engine using EpiServer?  If so, do you have an example I could look at?  I want it to search all our web content using specific keywords and hopefully get a returned list of page names?

Aug 26, 2008 18:22
Vote:

There appears to be an example search function which should be installed as part of the last stage of installation. 

See..

http://www.episerver.com/downloads/Documents/the_book/04_Mimicking_the_Example_Web_Site.pdf

Unfortunately, EpiServer was already installed on my PC and it appears that I can't separately download their example.

Aug 27, 2008 12:25
Vote:

I've now downloaded this example but found it over complicated.  Anyone know of any other search examples?

Aug 27, 2008 18:14
Vote:

There is a search page in the template package that comes with EPiServer CMS 5. The template package can be installed with the manager. It uses a searchdatasource to search the site and gives the results with the a repeater. 

<EPiServer:SearchDataSource ID="SearchDataSource" runat="server" EnableVisibleInMenu="false">
        <SelectParameters>
            <EPiServer:PropertyParameter Name="PageLink" PropertyName="SearchRoot" />

</SelectParameters>
    </EPiServer:SearchDataSource>

the search data source will return a collection with the pages. You can then choose to show the information as you wish. 

We use an asp repeater. 

//Jacob

Aug 28, 2008 13:29
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.