Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Where are PageFiles stored?

Vote:

We have a recurring error coming through:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: You are not authorized to access /PageFiles/3034/

... and I've scoured the EPiServer (CMS 5)  database to try find out which page this pagefile is for, to no avail.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Adam

Sep 10, 2008 17:12
Vote:

Hi

If you look in your web.config file you should have a virtual path provider that defines your page files. It should look something like this:

<virtualPath customFileSummary="~/FileSummary.config">
  <providers>
     <add showInFileManager="false" virtualName="Page Files" virtualPath="~/PageFiles/" bypassAccessCheck="false" indexingServiceCatalog="Web" physicalPath="c:\temp\PageFiles" name="SitePageFiles" type="EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathVersioningProvider,EPiServer" />
  </providers>
</virtualPath>

If you look at the physicalPath attribute you can find out where the actual files are stored. Notice however that if you are using a versioning file system, as it is by default, information about the files and folders will be stored in the database.

Regards

Per Gunsarfs
EPiServer CMS Development Team

Sep 10, 2008 17:23
Vote:

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've found all the files on the web server, but I'm trying to debug the error above by locating the page in the CMS that the file is associated with and the files/folder names appear to be encrypted.

Is there any way I can find out which page the file is uploaded to with the error in my original post?

Sep 10, 2008 17:29
Vote:

Sorry, didn't read your question closely enough.

If you want to find the id of the page you could use the following query in the database:

select pkID from tblPage where ExternalFolderID = 3034

Regards

Per Gunsarfs
EPiServer CMS Development Team

Sep 11, 2008 9:50
Vote:

Brilliant, that worked a dream!

Thanks.

Adam

Sep 11, 2008 10:10
Vote:

Did you ever resolve the original problem?

We're getting the same thing.

Sep 01, 2009 18:15
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.