Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

noname

Vote:

We are planning to utilize EPiServer's video functionality (upload/download).

Do we need a hosting provider for this one? Or do we even need a separate hosting provider?

Can't it just sit on our live servers?

Can you recommend one? Btw, we're in Australia.

Jun 02, 2011 8:05
Vote:

title change

Jun 02, 2011 8:06
Vote:

I guess you are talking about Community? I think there are a few predenied CDN's you can use and one of those if local storage if I remember correctly.

Jun 02, 2011 18:54
Vote:

Thanks Toni. Would you advise local storage?

*Does anyone know how to edit the title? I accidentaly forgot to put the thread title when I clicked on Post.

Jun 03, 2011 0:54
Vote:

Hi Jan,

It all depends on what you are planning to do with the video service. If you are going to have a large community where you think most of them is going to use it, then I would definitively recommend a CDN, But if the aim is just to be able to deliver a few videos here and there, then I think local storage would be good enough

Jun 03, 2011 1:00
Vote:

Our site has over 4000+ users, so I think we'll go with CDN.

For the CDN, currently I just know two: 1.) THe one that comes from The EPiServer Community VIdeo Service and 2.) VIddler.

Will any CDN work with EPiServer out of the box? Do you have any CDN Recommendations? The EPiServer Community VIdeo Service looks OK but it costs a lot. Compared to Viddler which only costs 1/4 of the price.

Jun 03, 2011 1:33
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.