Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error??

Vote:

I have installed EpiServer on "LocalHost" and set "/ScanWebUI/" as folder for UI. Now I get this error on hitting http://banghrahim/ScanWebUI/admin/setup.aspx -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please let me know how to get rid of this error. 

Edited, Aug 16, 2019 10:44
Vote:

Hi Katie,

Could you please provide more information about the error because from the heading and detail of this post I am not able to get the idea about the error so it would be great if you provide detailed information here.

Thanks

Ravindra

Aug 16, 2019 14:10
Vote:

Did you run aspnet_regsql.exe against WinHost.com's sql server?

aspnet_regsql.exe -S DBServerName -U DBLogin -P DBPassword -A all -d DBName

If you don't know where to run above command then you can simply run 'aspnet_regsql.exe' executable file.

In order to locate this file open your RUN Command Box by pressing Windows Key + r and put below command in that %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319 and Hit enter then find 'aspnet_regsql.exe' file. It will open a wizard that you can follow to resolve this error.

This error mostly occurs when you didn't enabled Roles in your asp.net mvc project At starting before aspnet identity table automatically created.

You will need to make sure you run this so that the tables and objects are created on WinHost.com's SQL server.

Aug 16, 2019 14:21
Vote:

A year later and this saved me. Thank you for the post and glad it's still here. I completely forgot to add the roles to the web config before I ran the project and could not get into the editor. Added the roles and ran aspnet_regsql.exe, voila, I'm in.

Aug 28, 2020 15:40
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.