Vulnerability in EPiServer.Forms
I just started working at a company and they are using Episerver for their website. I am new to episerver, so I am learning a lot at the moment but it seems that I can not figure this one out.
The search (not find) stopped working some time ago. I does work when I search for an id.
An idea is to update episerver, but this is not on the priority list at the moment, but fixing the search in the current CMS version is.
At this point I have tried all the solutions I could find here, for example:
All ended up with the same errormessage in EPiServerErrors.log. What I did not tried yet is to create a seperate site for just the search index to see if it might have something to do with a https redirect.
2020-02-12 12:27:50,749  DEBUG EPiServer.Search.RequestQueueHandler: Start dequeue unprocessed items2020-02-12 12:27:50,785  DEBUG EPiServer.Search.RequestQueueHandler: Start processing batch for indexing service 'serviceName'2020-02-12 12:27:50,789  ERROR EPiServer.Search.RequestHandler: Update batch could not be sent to service uri 'https://[domain]/IndexingService/IndexingService.svc/update/?accesskey=local'. Message: 'The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()at EPiServer.Search.RequestHandler.MakeHttpRequest(String url, NamedIndexingServiceElement namedIndexingServiceElement, String method, Stream postData, Action`1 responseHandler)at EPiServer.Search.RequestHandler.SendRequest(SyndicationFeed feed, String namedIndexingService, Collection`1 ids)'2020-02-12 12:27:50,790  ERROR EPiServer.Search.RequestQueueHandler: Send batch for named index 'serviceName' failed. Items are left in queue.2020-02-12 12:27:50,790  DEBUG EPiServer.Search.RequestQueueHandler: End dequeue unprocessed items
<add name="serviceName" baseUri="https://[domain]/IndexingService/IndexingService.svc" accessKey="local" />
<serviceHostingEnvironment aspNetCompatibilityEnabled="true" multipleSiteBindingsEnabled="true" />
<binding name="IndexingServiceCustomBinding" maxBufferPoolSize="1073741824" maxReceivedMessageSize="2147483647" maxBufferSize="2147483647">
<readerQuotas maxStringContentLength="10000000" />
<add name="local" description="local" allowLocal="true" readonly="false" />
<add name="default" directoryPath="[appDataPath]\Index" readonly="false" />
<allow users="*" />
<httpRuntime maxQueryStringLength="65536" />
<requestLimits maxQueryString="65536" />
<httpErrors existingResponse="PassThrough" />
Is there anyone that could help me?
Have you tried the troubleshooting steps given on below post -
And please make that you configured your search correctly if you are using https
This answer here by Daniel might help https://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/Problems-and-bugs/Thread-Container/2016/9/indexing-service-update-batch-could-not-be-sent-to-service-uri/
Hi and thanks for your replies!
I tried them out just to be sure that I didn't missed anything. But with the same result... I thought this was a bit weird, so I finished setting up a developmentserver with the same configuration as the production server and I then succeeded in recreating the same error message! The search was working before, but now it didn't and I guess the major difference was that the site was now running on https.
I tried the SSL related solutions again, but no luck. The search only worked on http. Because the site has rewrite rules that redirects to https, the search kept failing. So as a workaround I have created a new project in VS with only the episerver.search package installed, created a "local" site in IIS (running on http) with a corresponding domain in the "hosts" file. Changed the site so it uses the new "search" site and it worked!!!
I haven't installed this on the productionserver, so that's my next step.
For me I usually do like this when using Episerver Search since it is the most stable way to set it up I think
Thanks for your message! That is exactly what I have done, exept for the loadbalanser part, we don't have that. I haven't figured out what the problem is, but a combination of an older episerver version (+ it's packages) and an up-to-date Windows Server, is not working together well I suppose.
I first tested in development and after rolled it out to production and it is working now!
Great to hear that it workes and yes, that might be a problem since the Episerver Search is not something that is the most updated part of Episerver.