Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Deployment API slow as a tortoise?

Vote:

Hello everyone -

For DXP cloud, just for CMS -

For a regular size project, using publish profile, it takes us 5 seconds to build in visual studio and then about 5 seconds more to deploy directly to azure (integration). 

Using Deployment API, for the same project where the artifcat/deployment package is 68mb, it takes 1.5 minutes to upload this package, 8 minutes to deploy to integration. This is direct deploy without any slot swapping. I have removed the tasks to build artifacts, etc that are outside of deployment api.

For pre-production it takes 9 minutes to deploy to slot and then another 4 minutes to swap it. In this case there is some time assocated with the "warmup" so I get that. 

If in the same pipeline we are building, and then deploying to integration + pre-prod, it's a 30 minute runtime. 

While we are not epecting the deploy times to be same between the two, is this normal for others specifically for the times associated with deployment api? Is there a way to make this faster?

Nov 01, 2022 20:44
Vote:

In my experience, 8-9 minutes is normal for a direct deploy. I would recommend keeping it this way because then you have PaasPortal aware of your deployment in terms of logging and being able to promote.

If you wish to deplpy faster then you could do a Web Deploy directly to your Web App using Azure App Service deploy in azure devops. It's basically the same as what you're doing on your local.

Nov 07, 2022 0:35
Vote:

Which CMS version are we talking about?

Nov 11, 2022 17:26
Ashish Gururani - Nov 11, 2022 17:47
For v12 but it's probably the same for v11.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.