Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cannot export data

Vote:

Hi!

After upgrade to CMS 12 there is a lot of my nodes and pages that cannot be exported. I get the following error in the network log:

{"FileLocation":"C:\\Windows\\TEMP\\tmp38E.tmp","IsDone":false,"IsAborting":false,"IsTest":false,"ErrorMessages":["F\u00F6ljande fel intr\u00E4ffade0"],"WarningMessages":[],"InfoMessages":[],"PageCount":0,"ContentTypeCount":0,"FrameCount":0,"DynamicPropertyDefinitionCount":0,"TabDefinitionCount":0,"CategoryCount":0,"VisitorGroupCount":0}

And in the Windows log:

Category: EPiServer.Core.Transfer.TransferLogger
EventId: 0
SpanId: 1654c1835b0a6bb6
TraceId: b7d42e9d5e3025859123499f5d73aa88
ParentId: 0000000000000000
RequestId: 800003e8-0006-ff00-b63f-84710c7967bb
RequestPath: /EPiServer/EPiServer.Cms.UI.Admin/ExportData/LiveExport
ActionId: 2995fe10-d09d-42fa-84d4-f43007db2b07
ActionName: EPiServer.Cms.UI.Admin.Tools.Internal.ExportDataController.LiveExport (EPiServer.Cms.UI.Admin)

10.5.3 Export/import error: [Exporting content 248049] Följande fel inträffade0
System.IO.IOException: Cannot delete an entry currently open for writing.
   at System.IO.Compression.ZipArchiveEntry.Delete()
   at System.IO.Packaging.ZipPackage.DeletePartCore(Uri partUri)
   at System.IO.Packaging.Package.DeletePart(Uri partUri)
   at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.DefaultDataExporter.CleanupPartOfPackage(String partName)
   at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.DefaultDataExporter.CleanupPackage()
   at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.DefaultDataExporter.Export(TransferExportOptions options)
   at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.DefaultDataExporter.Export(Stream stream, IEnumerable`1 sourceRoots, ExportOptions options)
   at EPiServer.Cms.UI.Admin.Tools.Internal.ExportService.DoExportAsync(ExportDataDto dto, ExportOptions options)

Exception: 
System.IO.IOException: Cannot delete an entry currently open for writing.
   at System.IO.Compression.ZipArchiveEntry.Delete()
   at System.IO.Packaging.ZipPackage.DeletePartCore(Uri partUri)
   at System.IO.Packaging.Package.DeletePart(Uri partUri)
   at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.DefaultDataExporter.CleanupPartOfPackage(String partName)
   at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.DefaultDataExporter.CleanupPackage()
   at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.DefaultDataExporter.Export(TransferExportOptions options)
   at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.DefaultDataExporter.Export(Stream stream, IEnumerable`1 sourceRoots, ExportOptions options)
   at EPiServer.Cms.UI.Admin.Tools.Internal.ExportService.DoExportAsync(ExportDataDto dto, ExportOptions options)

Any ideas?

Thanks!

/Kristoffer

Dec 07, 2022 12:51
Vote:

Have you tried to clear the temp files?

Stop IIS/IIS Express/Kestrel

Go to C:\\Windows\\TEMP\\ and delete everything there 

Dec 08, 2022 7:39
Vote:

@Quan, sorry for a late reply. I tested to clear that folder but with no success, the error is still there.

/Kristoffer

Dec 22, 2022 7:08
Vote:

No worries.

I see, I checked the code and it seems the error you see is the secondary error (CleanupPartOfPackage is called in a catch { } statement). I'm out of idea - you would have to contact developer support for further assistance.

Dec 22, 2022 7:16
Vote:

That was my idea too. There actual error is something else and happens before the exception above. I have contacted the support. 
Thanks and have a nice Christmas!

Dec 22, 2022 7:37
Vote:

FWIW I created bug CMS-26120 so content platform team can log the error before trying to clean up.

God Jul och Gott Nytt År

Dec 22, 2022 7:51
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.