Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Update ImageVault from 3.5.4 to 3.5.6

Vote:

Hi,

I installed 3.5.6 on EPiserver 6 R2 site. Its screwed some settings in web.config and I am unable to run my application on dev.

I get the following Error. I Know its something to do with IIS 7.5 and web.config.

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.

Detailed Error Information
Module AspNetInitializationExceptionModule
Notification BeginRequest
Handler StaticFileHandler
Error Code 0x00000000
Requested URL http://handbollr2.local:80/
Physical Path C:\Projects\Svenskidrottonline\IOWeb\IOF\Anpassad\Handboll\Development\IOF\IOF
Logon Method Not yet determined
Logon User Not yet determined
Most likely causes:
  • IIS received the request; however, an internal error occurred during the processing of the request. The root cause of this error depends on which module handles the request and what was happening in the worker process when this error occurred.
  • IIS was not able to access the web.config file for the Web site or application. This can occur if the NTFS permissions are set incorrectly.
  • IIS was not able to process configuration for the Web site or application.
  • The authenticated user does not have permission to use this DLL.
  • The request is mapped to a managed handler but the .NET Extensibility Feature is not installed.

Error Summary

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

Sep 25, 2013 14:28
Vote:

Hi!

Make sure that the apppool account have access to the website folder. If there was an error in web.config I think you would get a much clearer error message in the webbrowser stating the cause of the error and where in the web.config file the problem is.

Also make sure that you installed the correct bit version of IV3 and that the apppool has the correct bit settings.

I would also recommend to install the latest version of IV 3 (latest is 3.5.9) since 3.5.6 is more than 1,5 years old.

http://www.meridium.se/sv/produkter/imagevault/files-documents/

Sep 26, 2013 10:20
Vote:

Thanks Dan for the reply.. I Managed to solve the Issue, Minor issue in web.config.

Yeah 3.5.9 is the latest but client want 3.5.6 anyway will suggest to client about it.

Sep 26, 2013 12:17
Vote:

Glad to hear that you solved it. Have you determined if the ImageVault installation caused the error in the web.config file?

If so, can you please post the details so we can fix that issue in an upcoming release?

Sep 26, 2013 13:36
Vote:

No.. It had nothing to do with Image Vault installation , one of the setting in web.config not related to ImageVault was causing the issue..

Dec 04, 2013 13:26
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.