Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Suggestions for UI improvements in ImageVault 4

Vote:

The UI for ImageVault is much fresher than previous versions but there are some mayor things we really need!

• Possibility to see which image id is added to a MediaReference or MediaReferenceList.
  • Being able to see which id an image has in the ImageVault UI.
  • Being able to search image by id.
  • Having more "sort by" options.

When we're trying to replicate bugs caused by editors, we need to select the exact same image or find it in the UI to look at its Metadata fields.

See id in MediaReference/MediaReferenceList
But to be able to see which image has been inserted to a MediaReference/MediaReferenceList, I need to open the browsers developer tools and find the <input type="hidden"> element in the markup created by the dojo widget.

See id in ImageVault UI
While we're trying to identify an image by id I would also mention that it would be nice to have the Id field in the MetaData tab and in the Organize view.

Find image by id in ImageVault UI

Once I know the id, I need to find the image among all the uploaded images in ImageVault. If I have several vaults and LOTS of images uploaded. This could take a while since I can't type the id in the search box, I need to scroll through all images untill I find the image I'm looking for.
Possibly I could load exactly all images into the UI and in the browser developer tools search for the data-item-id attribute with the correct value.
But it's still quite painful to search for an image with a specific id.

Sort by options
If I know that the image I'm looking for is a really old image, I have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the list.
Could at least the option "Oldest first" be added?

Feb 10, 2014 10:50
Vote:

Thanks for providing feedback on ImageVault. We have added the possibility to see and search for the id of a file in our development branch. If no unexpected problems is identified in QA this should be included in the upcoming release.

I will add you suggestions regarding the properties and sort optins to our backlogg

BR /Johan Magnusson, Product Manager

Feb 10, 2014 12:17
Vote:

Great! Thank you!

Feb 10, 2014 13:20
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.