Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Metadata button is disabled in Organize files option.

Vote:

Hi!

I have experienced some issues with using the Metadata button for organizing files in ImageVault (selecting and image, clicking "Organisera" -> dialog called "Organisera dina filer" opens).

We have added a custom alt-text property from Advanced Settings panel and I want the editors to be able to populate this field when they upload new images. The problem is that the Metadata button is disabled.

Is there a setting in ImageVault or EPiServer that I am missing to enable the Metadata button?

Thanks in advance,

Beate 

May 26, 2014 15:13
Vote:

The metadata definitions created under Advanced Settings is the list of all available definitions in the system. You will also have to determine for each vault which metadata definitions should be used in that particular case.

Se chapter "12 Vault administratration" in the edior manual for more information.

/Johan Magnusson

May 27, 2014 16:23
Vote:

Thank you, it did the trick!
We had forgot to assign the vault with metadefinitions after adding the alt definiton in the advanced settings.

Regards,

Beate

May 28, 2014 9:55
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.